As Senior MICE Sales Manager you are responsible for optimizing sales of the hotel according to the Standards of Operating. You realize this by connecting with potential customers and relationship management of existing accounts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Collection of data about possible target groups in the region, by consulting regional/local news media, company registers etc., by setting up presentation stands at fairs and company contact days.
- Compose tenders, confirm agreed arrangements.
- Continue to actively orient on sales opportunities of the hotel in the region.
- Inform actively about what is hot and happening in the market.
- Collect and keep up with the information of services/ facilities- and goods suppliers in the region aimed at compiling lasting attractive packages.
- Stay up to date about the competing hotels.
- Plan visits with existing/ potential clients on a regular basis, to build trust and win a good productivity.
- Be up to date about all marketing programs
- Educating and informing contacts about facilities, amenities, features, prices, and rates based on the presentation folder and price information.
- Identification of needs and considerations of contacts and translate them into a suitable offer.
- Informing executive departments about appointments and details
- Solving problems and dealing with complaints in collaboration with executive departments and initially on/after completion
- Maintain close collaboration with the Director of Sales & Marketing and the F & B Manager to exchange information and thus to classify Sales activities.
- Attend Sales meetings
- Keep up track with the client database and, together with the account and in consultation with the Director of Sales & Marketing, periodically evaluate contracts.
- Detect potential clients; get in touch, and focusing on scheduling an appointment.
- Informing and educating contacts about facilities, amenities, possibilities and prices, based on presentation folder and price information.
- Arranging a guided visit in the hotel, guide contacts.
- Identify wishes and considerations of contacts for the purpose of a tender.
- Capturing contacts, visits and visit results.
- Keep track of the relationship-file and possibly revise contracts.
- Renew contracts periodically and in response to identified messages.
- Be up-to-date about the follow-up of tenders.
- Deal with exploratory applications in collaboration with Crowne Meeting Director.
- Identification of needs, make suggestions and give ideas about the composition, within the sphere of application purpose and budgetary possibilities.
- Make appointments and negotiate with companies.
- Be up to date and comply the fire-life safety procedures and standards of your department
- Work according to the green engage standards.
Reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management/Business Administration.
- Preferably 1 year experience within a Sales Department or experience with Sales activities
- Must speak fluent English and either Dutch or French. Other languages are a plus!
- Good communication skills
- Well-groomed appearance
- Result oriented