Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies for the hotel to ensure revenue and room night sales goals are achieved, sales and marketing strategies are set, tactical plans are created and implemented, and results are monitored and achieved.
At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognised for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
- Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
- Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognising them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
- Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximise profitability. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans.
* Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales.
* Review monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyse current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
* Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients. Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the hotel.
* Direct day-to-day sales activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognise good performance.
* Educate, train and motivate sales and marketing teams to achieve hotel revenue goals. Ensure staff has the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties.
* Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts (example: guests, airliners, wholesalers, travel agencies, ad agencies, local community groups) in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food and beverage sales, and catering/banquet services.
* Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programmes, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
* Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
* Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIP’s, large groups, and other key guests.
* Lead marketing efforts to up sell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities.
* Identify operational problems that reduce the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department on solutions.
* Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community, may serve as the hotel representative for media related inquiries.
* Work closely with key business leaders, officials, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure constant high profile exposure for the hotel.
* Effectively communicate and market aspects of the hotel that are sustainable or “green” and use information to gain new business opportunities.
* Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms, and vendors to maximise advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity.
* Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
All the above is following the procedures of Crowne Plaza & IHG Standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Secondary Hotelschool or another relevant hospitality study.
A minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience in the Sales Department in a similar hotel, of which 2 years in a management/supervisor position.
* Speaks and writes English, French and Dutch fluently, and preferably a foreign language
* Good communication skills
* Numerical insight
* In possession of a driving license
* Able to prioritize
* Has experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Powerpoint and Opera is a pre
* Good clean appearance
* Result oriented
* Does not have a 9-17 mentality