POSITION Sales Manager
DEPARTMENT Sales & Marketing
REPORTS TO Commercial Director
UPDATED March 2019
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
To maximize hotels’ revenue and guest satisfaction by negotiating group and individual business in accordance with the sales business plan. The job incumbent should be active, proactive, and achieve results. All work is carried out in line with the hotel’s guidelines, sales business plan, Radisson Hotel Group corporate guidelines and service concepts.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MAXIMISES HOTELS’ REVENUE ACROSS KEY CUSTOMER SEGMENTS
- Achieves budgeted goals by executing sales activities within assigned market segment.
- Makes applicable number of sales calls per week, included in the number are site inspections, follow ups.
- Assists in the development of annual sales goals, through sharing of ideas and implementing of projects
- Assists in the completion of reports.
- Ensures own function operates within cost restraints.
- Maintains effective internal and external communication.
- Meets budgeted sales and profit margins by soliciting, selling, and confirming business as required.
- Prepares proposals with the Commercial Director that are geared to maximize profit while satisfying guest needs.
- Utilizes the “Sales Essentials” and/or “Creating Client Value” techniques.
- Uses outside sales calls to solicit existing and new guests.
- Qualifies prospective leads.
- Conducts on-site client inspections and entertainment.
- Contacts in-house guests to foster additional business, repeat bookings, or referrals to other Radisson hotels.
- Coordinates activities related to booked business with other departments.
- Communicates guests’ requests to all departments in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensures maximum occupancy on a daily basis by performing follow ups on progress of groups and other business booked.
- Increases sales volume and profitability by formulating and executing projects for all market areas as stated in the business plan.
- Develops plans, special sales activities, and promotions for assigned market segments.
- Conducts market analysis to determine guest needs, occupancy potential, desired rates, etc…
- Attends Radisson sales blitz, and/or trade shows in key market cities to develop new business and to contact established clients in these cities.
- Communicates requests for special accommodation and suites.
- Prepares accurate forecasts as requested.
- Pre-blocks all special requests or VIP accommodations accurately.
- Keeps Sales Department informed of group booking status.
- Communicates with Front Office Manager all Group and individual VIPs for appropriate treatment.
- Ensures all reservations are tracked correctly for statistical purposes.
- Follows up on commissions and other fees paid to travel agencies etc.
- Liases with the Accounts Payable Department regarding credit issues.
- Seeks business opportunities for other hotels within the Region while conducting sales calls (primary focus being hotel employed at).
- Conducts thorough research during customer meetings in order to avoid information duplication sourcing.
- Sends sales leads to Commercial Director /Sales Manager of hotel where opportunity exists.
- Maintains monthly sales lead list and sends this to hotel sales team.
LAWS, REGULATIONS AND POLICIES
- Follows all applicable laws, and corporate standards and guidelines.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported and reduced immediately
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures
- Ensures the safety of the people and property within the premises by applying hotel regulations, and adhering to existing laws and regulations
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and either corrects them or take action to prevent them from happening
- Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct.
- Maintains proper flow of information within the hotel by reviewing sales work file of assigned accounts.
- Attends Revenue Management meetings in the absence of Commercial Director.
- Attends staff meetings in the absence of the Commercial Director
- Attends meetings and training required by the Commercial Director.
- Assists colleagues to perform similar or related jobs when necessary.
- Ensures guest satisfaction by attending to their requests and inquires courteously and efficiently.
- Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests and stakeholders.
- Maintains own working area, and materials clean, tidy and in good shape; reports defective materials and equipment to appropriate person within the hotel.
- Continuously seeks to endeavour and improve the department’s efficient operation, and knowledge of own job function.
- Is Manager on Duty
EMPLOYEE’S ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
I, ……………………………………………………………(full name and surname) hereby acknowledge that I have received, read and understood my Job Description of Sales Manager.
Note: Keep a copy of this Job Description on file for your own reference, and return the original Job Description and acknowledgement page to the Human Resources Department
CV send to: firstname.lastname@example.org