WHAT IS IMPORTANT NOW AND IN THE FUTURE FOR EVENT PLANNERS, PARTICIPANTS, AND THE TOUR & TAXIS TEAMS: HEALTH, SAFETY AND NEW WAYS OF MEETING ON SITE, AND REMOTELY
- Prioritizing health and safety for every event held: Tour & Taxis Venues has implemented strict hygiene protocols, extraordinary measures and advanced solutions to target the specific conditions needed to contend with the Covid-19 pandemic.
- This October, and in line with the above, Tour & Taxis Venues has applied for The Brussels Health & Safety Label, a standard created by visit.brussels in partnership with the global certification company SOCOTEC. So Tour & Taxis definitely meets the strict requirements for event venues such as informing visitors on health precautions at the time of booking, staff trained in hygiene measures and safety rules, limited numbers of visitors, guaranteed social distancing of minimum 1.5m between each visitor, and regular cleaning of the site.
- Tour & Taxis Venues reduced its event room capacity which ensures social distancing of 2 square metres. Given the large size of our event rooms and our installations, this was quite easy to do and still guarantees many set-up possibilities!
- Along with state of art technical partner, Tour & Taxis Venues has restructured (and retooled) the event rooms to host virtual and hybrid meetings and conferences. Two meeting rooms at Maison de la Poste are equipped with the Cisco Webex® Room Kit (an AI-powered video conferencing system, more details here) and very soon the venue will offer the next generationequipment for larger hybrid events (Oct/Nov 2020).
LIVE EVENTS AND MEETINGS WERE POSSIBLE AGAIN IN SEPTEMBER. AS WE MUST ALL PULL TOGETHER, TOUR & TAXIS VENUES HAVE OFFERED FULL SUPPORT TO EVENT PLANNERS, AS WELL AS FINANCIAL RELIEF WHERE POSSIBLE
- ‘Reschedule without charge – don’t cancel!’ Tour & Taxis venues were among the first in Brussels to waive cancellation fees in relation to corona virus restrictions. This was to reassure current and new clients that they would incur no financial loss, and to help them adapt to the present threat and to book their events under flexible conditions.
- A unique restart offer for organisations in Brussels has been set up in order to treat organisers to a truly special event. Conscious of the deep cuts that many organisers have had to suffer, the Tour & Taxis Venues team has just created a special lowest-price offer. At just 15 euros a head, organisers can enjoy a meeting at Maison de la Poste, and all the attendant benefits of the normal pricing – what’s not to love! This really attractive package is available until the end of December 2020.
TOUR & TAXIS VENUES ACTIVITIES IN THE PAST QUIET MONTHS HAVE FOCUSED ON EMPATHY, AND ON WAYS IN WHICH TO HELP OUR LOCAL, NATIONAL, AND GLOBAL COMMUNITIES
Tour & Taxis Venues was not going to let the grass grow under its feet while waiting for a return to normality! Since Tour & Taxis is first and foremost an inclusive and sustainable multi-purpose urban hub, the events team decided to benefit its local, national, and international communities by giving its heritage venues and services for free to those who have most needed it.
- The Sheds have been transformed into a free temporary shelter, dormitory and medical care centre for migrants, asylum seekers and homeless people in Brussels (an initiative of Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) and their partner organisations).
- Tour & Taxis is a heritage to be claimed by many future generations. Everything starts with the youth. Hence, it was natural to partner with Brik – Student in Brussels! Since last summer, the Maison de la Poste is providing a safe, clean space for 80 students to study and revise for their exams.
- Hosting the Ras El Hanout theater troupe (a not-for-profit local association that promotes citizenship committed to solidarity and cultural encounters in Brussels), during the autumn season in the Produits Dangereux room, was also a natural decision. They rehearse here as well as playing to the public in complete safety!
- Tour & Taxis Venues also had the honour of offering Maison de la Poste to the League for Human Rights in June 2020 for their General Assembly. This not only supported a very important cause, but the welcoming atmosphere and warmth of the participants did much to lift the spirits of the on-site colleagues, Hélène Van Elst and Laurent Soares, during a period of great crisis.
- Tour & Taxis Venues also hosted – for free – local initiatives and organisations such as Tapelanote (band of musicians), Brussels Philharmonic, a yoga school, Rollerdance event, Belgium Wheelers, Gala dinner de Duve…
WE ARE HERE TO STAY, COVID IS NOT! THIS ENFORCED DOWNTIME GAVE TOUR & TAXIS VENUES THE OPPORTUNITY TO REINFORCE ITS LONG-TERM STRATEGIES
In September, the reopening of the Gare Maritime, the former freight station – built in 1907 and identically replicated 110 years later, but as an energy-neutral building – has strengthened Tour & Taxis commitment to sustainable development at every level of event organisation. Tour & Taxis Venues has also doubled its efforts to ensure inclusion and accessibility and enhanced its media presence with a new website and a new digital brochure for event planners. And finally, thanks to its unique history and the inspiring heritage experience it offers to event participants, Maison de la Poste has been selected among the fifteen best Flanders heritage venues. These are just a few of the behind-the-scenes activities that have kept the team busy in the past few months!
THE TOUR & TAXIS VENUES FUNDAMENTAL GOAL: TO INSPIRE EVENT PLANNERS IN BRUSSELS FACING THE WINDS OF CHANGE